Date:      02 Sep 2001 23:54:11 -0500
From:      Jeremy <thinker5555@yahoo.com>
To:        Vlad <tmd@tmd.df.ru>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Amount of swap space?

Vlad <tmd@tmd.df.ru> writes:

> If you have 512 RAM then 500 SWAP should more than enough for you. "2x" rule usually exists for people who have small amount
> of memory.
>
> As per partitioning.. use /stand/sysinstall to erase "swap" and add a small one. Worked for me.

I'm assuming that /stand/sysinstall is on the system after the install, eh?
When I got to the point of not being able to add more space to /usr or add a
/usr/home, I stopped there and exited the install.  I believe this was the
"disklabel" (or something like that) program that had come up during the
install process.  I'm not really having any trouble shrinking the swap, it's
just adding anything to the space that it previously occupied doesn't seem to
work.

Jeremy