Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:52:42 +0200
From:      peter@bgnett.no (Peter N. M. Hansteen)
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spoofers, Spammers & Other Bad Guys

beno <zope@2012.vi> writes:

> Hi;
> I'm configuring my firewall and I'd like to make a table of "bad guys",
> preferably one that automatically updates from the Web. Surely someone
> else has already thought of this and implemented something similar, so
> could someone clue me in?

spamd uses a mechanism pretty much like you describe[1], and you can
stop quite a lot of other silliness by crafting 'overload' rules[2].

[1] man spamd and http://www.bgnett.no/~peter/pf/en/spamd.html
[2] http://www.bgnett.no/~peter/pf/en/bruteforce.html

20:11:56 delilah spamd[26905]: 146.151.48.74: disconnected after 36099 seconds