Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 2003 08:30:35 -0800
From:      Greg White <gregw-freebsd-stable@greg.cex.ca>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installworld failure in /usr/share/locale/

I may have just caught this midmerge, but thought I'd post in case it is
some minor breakage.

Cvsup'd last night, started buildkernel/buildworld, and went home.
Tried to installworld this morning, and kept seeing failures with error
code 71. The failures were due to 'install' trying to install files into
directories that did not exist in the target filesystem. The offending
commands:

install -C -m 644 -o root -g wheel  zh_CN.eucCN.out
/usr/share/locale/zh_CN.eucCN/LC_CTYPE
install -C -m 644 -o root -g wheel  zh_CN.GB18030.out
/usr/share/locale/zh_CN.GB18030/LC_CTYPE
install -C -m 644 -o root -g wheel  zh_CN.GBK.out

I just mkdir'd those directories:

mkdir /usr/share/local/zh_CN.eucCn
mkdir /usr/share/local/zh_CN.GB18030
mkdir /usr/share/local/zh_CN.GBK

and installworld proceeded happily.

Date of cvsup:
CVSup update ends at 2003-11-03 22:10:33

If I got caught mid-merge of some NLS changes, no biggie, just a little
bandwidth wasted. If that's the case, please let me know, on or off list
(preferably only the committer, no need to flood the mailbox with "Nope,
working here." <g>)
If not, maybe I've saved some folks a confused email to the list.

--
Greg White