Date:      Mon, 04 May 1998 09:48:18 +0400
From:      Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Sebastian Romo <sromo@cabonet.net.mx>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spamming Problem

 <Pine.BSF.3.96.980502182357.21194I-100000@gdi.uoregon.edu>Doug White writes:

>Check out the modifications in /etc/mail.

Hmm... First, the following lines

 # called with envelope sender, "Mail From: xxx", of SMTP conversation
 #
Scheck_mail
R$*                     $: <?> $>3 $1
R<?> $* < @ $+ . >      $: $2
 # R<?> $* < @ $+ >      $#error $: "451 Domain does not resolve"
R$*                     $: $(spamsites $1 $: OK $)
ROK                     $@ OK
R$+.REJECT              $#error $: 521 $1

seems to stip domain to last two levels, which is not enough (I've got some
spam from <something>.chel.su, and didn't want to block the entire chel.su;

Second, I didn't manage to make antirelaying stuff to work. It keeps reject
EVERY mail to any of properly (I hope) marked as "ours" domains.:-(

Alex.