Date:      Sat, 28 Jun 1997 06:37:43 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/3971: bash-2.01 install doesn't edit /etc/shells

>> The fix should #undef USE_GNU_MALLOC in the FreeBSD section, not globally.
>
>Given the context in which the patch is applied, I don't see this
>as being of any particular concern.

It's just clueless (the previous comment tells you where to put the
#ifdef) and unsuitable for sending to the bash maintainer.  The latter
may not be a concern now that bash-2.0 is out.

Looking through the patches reminds me of another buglet.  The Makefile
patch puts -s in LDFLAGS, so debugging the malloc problem took longer
than necessary.

Bruce