Date:      Mon, 04 Nov 1996 21:42:43 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   Re: frefall connectivity from europe

>According to Guido van Rooij:
>> It's really horrible lately...Is the cause known?
>
>Probably Sprint having router and routing table problems as usual I'd say.
>David is probably more up-to-date as he receive Sprint ticket I think.

   In this case the problem is actually mostly due to problems with the
Stratacom ATM switch at the PB-NAP "losing sync" with CRL's ATM interface.
This coupled with another problem that started happening when the Cisco IOS
was upgraded in one or more of CRL's routers has caused route instability
and packet lossage. I'm told that this should be resolved later tonight
with an IOS patch, and more permanently in the next few days.
   If all this weren't enough, we're having problems with the WC T1 being
overloaded due to congestion, losing packets because of input CRC errors,
and occasionally losing carrier on the CSU/DSU. I'm on it...

-DG

David Greenman