Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:32:29 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Curtis Vaughan <curtis@npc-usa.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: removing phpMyAdmin

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 01:29:45PM -0800, Curtis Vaughan wrote:
> >Well, I wanted to remove phpMyAdmin from my 5.3 server. Usually I=20
> >would just go to the port location under /usr/ports/ and type make=20
> >deinstall. However, phpMyAdmin apparently isn't here anymore. I don't=20
> >even know exactly where it should be be but judging by freebsd's=20
> >website, it should be under /usr/ports/www/ but it's not. In fact a=20
> >locate and find for phpMyAdmin turns up nothing in the /usr/ports/=20
> >directory, except under /usr/ports/distfiles which is, of course, not=20
> >what I need.

Instead of doing a 'make deinstall' from the port directory, you can
always use pkg_delete(1) --

    # pkg_delete phpMyAdmin-\*

(That's actually what 'make deinstall' does behind the scenes)

> >Has phpMyAdmin been removed or has an update of ports gone astray?

The phpMyAdmin port is slightly odd in that the port is called
'databases/phpmyadmin' (all lower case), but the generated package is
phpMyAdmin-2.6.1 (mixed case).  It's been that way since before I took
over maintaining it.

The 'make search' stuff you can do to search the ports index should
give you a reasonable answer whichever capitalization you use,
although there was a problem on 5.x machines fixed with revision 1.56
of bsd.port.subdir.mk about two months ago.

   Cheers,

   Matthew

--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       8 Dane Court Manor
                                                      School Rd
PGP: http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/pgpkey         Tilmanstone
Tel: +44 1304 617253                                  Kent, CT14 0JL UK

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7--