Date:      Sat, 1 Sep 2001 22:14:12 -0600
From:      "Stephen Hurd" <deuce@lordlegacy.org>
To:        "Jeremy" <thinker5555@yahoo.com>, "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Amount of swap space?

> I tried deleting the swap space and putting in a new one,
> but then when I tried to put in other partitions (slices?) such as to
mount a
> seperate /usr/home or to just enlarge /usr (by deleting and recreating
> larger) I keep getting the message that there's not enough room to add the
> new one.  Does anyone know what is happening with this?

I'm by no means an expert on this, but I HAVE had similar experiences...
there have been two "solutions" I remember off hand:

1) The C/H/S that FreeBSD detected were WRONG.  Go into /stand/sysinstall ->
Configure -> FDisk -> (proper drive) and compare the geometry listed at the
top to the "real" values shown on the drive or in the drive manual.

2) Once or twice, I've had to not only remove ALL slices first, but re-add
them in the "proper" order and re-install.  I don't think I've had this
recently, but that may be that I'm just so used to doing it the same way all
the time now.  :-)