Date:      Sat, 11 May 2002 17:12:17 -0700
From:      "Michael W. Collette" <metrol@metrol.net>
To:        Troy <sindrome@sindrome.net>
Subject:   Re: Re: XFree86 on Thinkpad T23

Troy wrote:
> 2) vi /usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/ac97.c
>    replace:
>      DELAY (1000);
>    with:
>      DELAY (4000);

The clouds parted, the angels wept, and my T23 played a wave!!  One teensy
mistake here in your post threw me for a bit until I managed to dig up the
post mentioning the original fix.  Missed it by one little decimal place :)

DELAY (10000);
 gets replaced with
DELAY (40000);

That's the magic that makes it work.

I should also note that in the original posts concerning this there was a
concern that this additional delay may have some interaction problems with
other devices.  I'm personally WAY too early into this to tell one way or the
other.  Just thought it worth mentioning that newer fixes may be a coming.

Messages referenced:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=14481+0+archive/2002/freebsd-multimedia/20020414.freebsd-multimedia
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=43475+0+archive/2002/freebsd-multimedia/20020414.freebsd-multimedia

Later on,
--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark
to read."