Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 1:15:3 -0500
From:      mhf <michael.flug@snet.net>
To:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Re: Monitor dies and doesn't come back.

At 8/27/00 10:51:00 PM, you wrote:

> [...]

I recently built a new workstation and am experiencing the same
symptoms with the new Western Digital 13.6 gig drive.  The workstation is using Windows 98 SE ((hey don't blast
me folks, the machine is for use at my office where people don't know anything else)) and has an Asus K7V motherboard and
600Mhz Athlon processor.  I initially set up the power management to turn the monitor off after 1 hour and the HD off after 3 hours,
but I found that the monitor and HD would not come back on upon moving the mouse.  I've simply chosen to set the power
management to "Always On" for both the monitor and the HD.  No problems after that.  It turns out that the Asus motherboard
does have independent power management setup, but I have left everything on the default settings.

If you want to do more follow-up on the matter, try calling Western Digital tech support.  Their people are really
service-oriented and will work with you until your satisfied.  I forget the number, but you can find it at their site
www.westerndigital.com          I don't know why this company's stock price can't rise out of the cellar,
cuz I think they make the best drives in the market.  Oh well, that's an issue for a different newsgroup.

Mike Flug
michael.flug@snet.net