Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 2002 19:46:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Oleszkiewicz <davido@labrador.dhs.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vm_page_insert kernel panic

My -stable kernel dropped into the debugger on me.  Unfortunately I had to
reboot it since it's my gateway machine to the internet.  The only
information I copied down was the trace:

vm_page_insert  at + 0x1d
vm_page_alloc   at + 0x304
vm_fault_at     at + 0x304
trap_pfault     at + 0x96
trap(2f,2f,2f,0,0x..) at + 0x21b
calltrap()      at + 0x11

This happened after being up for 6 days.  I cvsup'ed the stable source on
oct 23rd.  Earlier today I was copying about 11 gigs worth of mp3's over
NFS from this victim machine to another so that I could back them up and
put them on cdr's.  Good timing I suppose.
At the time of the panic I was serving nfs files and using the machine as
a network gateway / NAT box at my home cable modem connection

I am new to debugging a freebsd kernel, though I've had some
experience with linux kernels.  Sorry if this message violates any
fundamental rules.  I will read up on how to handle this
situation in the future.  Any pointers on documentation would be helpful
though I'll probably easily find stuff on the freebsd.org website after I
complete this message.

I seem to remember some earlier talk on this list about vm_page
operations.  I though I should get whatever info I can out to you all.
I've been loosely following the list for the past few weeks since I've
decided to upgrade my machine form 4.3-STABLE to the STABLE series.

davido