Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 1997 20:57:30 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Kevin Quinlan <Kevin.Quinlan@isltd.insignia.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fixes for land.c and F00F on 2.1.5/2.1.7

Hi,

I have read the web page on your fixes for the SYN bug and the Pentium problem.

I would like to apply fixes for both to systems that are running 2.1.5
and 2.1.7

I cannot really upgrade these systems to 2.2.5 at the moment, not
without a lot of pain anyway. So I would like to apply patches to the
current running systems if at all possible.

The web page says use cvsup, and I have actually copied over the
binary distribution, but the manual implies that there are no updates
for the 2.1 branch.

My question is thus pretty simple, what is the best way for me to
apply patches for these problems? Can I use cvsup just to upgrade the
kernel, or should I try and merge in the patches for 2.2 into my 2.1
systems? Or am I stuck with no option but to fully upgrade to 2.2.5?

Sorry if this is an FAQ, I have searched the archives and scanned the
newsgroup, but I have not seen anything authoratative on this yet.

Kevin Quinlan
--

	Kevin.Quinlan@isltd.insignia.com
	Kevin.Quinlan@insignia.co.uk