Date:      Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:47:22 +0330
From:      saeedeh motlagh <saeedeh.motlagh@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   plink can not work with serial port

hello guys

i have a problem with putty and plink. i want to connect to a modem via
serial port by putty. when i run the below command, every thing is ok and
modem responds me.

putty -v -serial -sercfg 8,1,115200,n,R /dev/ttyu2

but when i run the below command modem doesn't respond to me.

plink -v -serial -sercfg 8,1,115200,n,R /dev/ttyu2

i check it by another com port instead of modem. i mean i connect two
freebsd boxes by com port and run above command but nothing happened either.

i have to work with plink beacuse i have no graphic and when i installed
putty without GTK, just plink is installed and there is no putty command.

please let me know what i'm doing wrong. any comments or hints are really
appreciated.
thanks
*Sa.M*