Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2012 14:18:22 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Ed Flecko <edflecko@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Subversion output: Node remains in conflict ???

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012, Ed Flecko wrote:

> When I ran the following command using subversion, here's what I get:
>
> fbsd# svn up /usr/src
> Updating '.':
> Skipped 'lib' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'sys' -- Node remains in conflict
> At revision 240997.
> Summary of conflicts:
>  Skipped paths: 2
>
> fbsd# svn up /usr/ports
> Skipped '/usr/ports'
> Summary of conflicts:
>  Skipped paths: 1
>
> fbsd# cd /usr/ports
>
> fbsd# make fetchindex
> /usr/ports/INDEX-9.bz2                        100% of 1623 kB 4569 kBps
>
> fbsd# pkg_version -l '<'
> subversion                          <
>
> fbsd#
>
> Can someone tell me what "Node remains in conflict" means and how to I
> correct this...or do I need to worry about it at all???

Usually it means you are trying to run svn on a directory that was not
created by an svn checkout.  These directories are called working
copies.

So, after having backed up /usr/src and /usr/ports (if you have local
changes), remove them and check out from the repository:

   svn checkout svn://svn0.us-west.freebsd.org/base/stable/9 /usr/src
   svn checkout svn://svn0.us-west.freebsd.org/ports/head /usr/ports

Edit the URL for the first to match whatever version of FreeBSD is
desired.

After that checkout, merge any local changes back to those directories.
After that, update them when desired:

   svn up /usr/src
   svn up /usr/ports