Date:      Mon, 01 Nov 1999 15:35:46 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        wes@softweyr.com (Wes Peters), freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Racing interrupts

In message <199911012011.NAA00533@usr02.primenet.com> Terry Lambert writes:
: My question is "why an unfielded interrupt?"; sorry if that was
: not clear.  I don't understand why the card services would not
: field that particular interrupt, unless the code was written
: incorrectly.

The card services do not install interrupts for the cards in
question.  The drivers for the cards do that.  There are two
interrupts generated, at least on my machine, one for the card eject
on the interrupt channel assigned to the bridge and another one for
the card on the interrupt assigned to the card when the power is
removed from the card (at least that's my interpretation of the stack
traces I've looked at).  Since the driver has been detached from the
driver tree, that latter interrupt is unfielded unless the bridge
driver listens for the card to release the interrupt and it installs
its own nop interrupt handler.

Warner