Date:      12 Oct 1999 02:58:29 -0700
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Extracting distfiles with different methods

 * From: Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>

 * I've been beating my head against the wall over this one..

Please don't do that....

 * Working on the (broken - distfiles survey) lang/scm port, the
 * distfiles are now utilise two different packaging methods
 * (a couple of .zip's and a .tar.gz)

Write your own do-extract target.  Or set EXTRACT_ONLY to one of them
and extract the other manually in post-extract.

 * Similarly, there's a minor issue with graphics/wmicons and
 * x11-wm/windowmaker, where both require WindowMaker-extra-0.1.
 *
 * x11-wm/windowmaker uses the bzip2 version (since the the actual
 * windowmaker tarball is also bzip2'd), but graphics/wmicons uses
 * the gzip'd version (since all the other distfiles associated with
 * the port are also gzip'd).

Change the windowmaker port to use the gzip'd version.  Add a comment
explaining why it's done that way so nobody will accidentally "fix"
it.

Satoshi