Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:42:37 -0400
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   getting t_param called...

I have a quick question on interrelationships between the ioctl() routine
in a driver, and the routine thats in the t_param field of the tty structure.

I believe I read someplace (correct me if I'm wrong), that the kernel, upon
sensing an ioctl() call that COULD change line parameters, would call the
routine specified in t_param on the ioctl()'s completion.

>From what I can see, this is not the case. I may be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.
But, right now I'm seeing baud rate changes that aren't being set on
the hardware.

Can someone clairfy this for me, or just tell me I was dreaming when I read
about this? (It is possible...) :)
	-Brian