Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2017 04:51:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jeffrey Bouquet" <jbtakk@iherebuywisely.com>
To:        "current" <current@freebsd.org>, "ports" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ERRATA:  12.0-CURRENT binaries 'stat' errors.

ne
/usr/local/bin/ne: Undefined symbol "stat"
ktrace -di ne
/usr/local/bin/ne: Undefined symbol "stat"

I may have posted in error an 'fstat' instead, unsure, to the ports list ju=
st yesterday or so.
A workaround is to use pkg.freebsd.org to attain compat11x binaries which r=
un.
This is a showstopper here otherwise as some large ports, do not build on t=
he
legacy desktop [ 2004 ] that has been updated numerous times, and for which
I do not wish to reinstall.

And, pkg gives conflicting messages, as pkg binaries are shown ABI v12 wher=
eas if I
do build from ports, the ports are shown as v11 ABI.=20
Also, ABI changed: 'freebsd:12:x86:32' > 'freebsd:12:*'   upgrades are requ=
ested making
  things so I have to lock many ports at v11 as the newer have the 'stat' o=
r 'fstat' error.

  So more than one issue, I think maybe three in tandem making 'which to ta=
ckle first'
even problematic.

  Any advices?  even a binary editor to examine the /ne for 'stat' code ?=20

  Apologies for not being knowledgeable in many of the ways to code a solut=
ion or even
coding...=20=