Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 1998 11:59:36 -0500
From:      "Joe Gleason" <clash@tasam.com>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IDE Antics

Right now I have a server with 4 ide drives.  I want to unmount and remove the
two that are on the secondary chain, preferably while the box is up.
I have the drives in those cool little dataport things that allows me to just
slide them out.

If I never do anything to /dev/wd2 or /dev/wd3 will the system ever discover
they are not there anymore and crash?

Note: I don't really need to do this, I am just wondering what will happen.