Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 10:37:11 +0300
From:      "Igor B. Bykhalo" <goshik@binep.ac.ru>
To:        "Leif Neland" <leifn@neland.dk>
Cc:        "-questions@FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Fetch/wget/ftp: How to do a recursive ftp-get?

Hi!
-----Original Message-----
From: Leif Neland <leifn@neland.dk>
[...]
>But which tool can do a command-line, recursive ftp-get? wget can't,
                                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                             Wrong!
Please, do 'info wget' and read...

#File: wget.info,  Node: Top,  Next: Overview,  Prev: (dir),  Up: (dir)
#
#Wget 1.5.3
#**********
#
#   This manual documents version 1.5.3 of GNU Wget, the freely
#available utility for network download.
#
#   Copyright (C) 1996, 1997, 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
#
#* Menu:
#
#* Overview::            Features of Wget.
#* Invoking::            Wget command-line arguments.
#* Recursive Retrieval:: Description of recursive retrieval.
#* Following Links::     The available methods of chasing links.
[...]
#File: wget.info,  Node: Recursive Retrieval Options,  Next: Recursive Accept/Reject #Options,  Prev: FTP Options,  Up: Invoking
#
#Recursive Retrieval Options
#===========================
#
#`-r'
#`--recursive'
#     Turn on recursive retrieving.  *Note Recursive Retrieval:: for more
#     details.

and -m for mirroring...

>because it does not create subdirs below the one specified, i.e. if I do
>a wget -r ftp://webmaster:password@webserver.my.dom/htdocs/tree, it will
>create the dir webserver.my.dom/htdocs/tree, but not any subdomains to
>that.
>
>Leif

Regards, Goshik