Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:01:59 -0500
From:      "Don Wilde" <Don@Silver-Lynx.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iwi(4) in RELENG_6

*
*> >* I have "device iwi" in my kernel configuration. Should I remove it and
*> >* use a module instead? Or is this supposed to work?
*
> This is from the firmware(9) support code.  Add "options firmware" and you
> should be fine.  You will still need to load the firmware blobs as modules,
> but that's another story.

I have looked at man 9 firmware and man 9 module, and the
/usr/share/examples/kld. My STABLE is as of July 20.

firmware_get: failed to load firmware image iwi_bss
iwi0: could not load firmware

I started by posting this a week ago to -mobile, but, beyond the
'options firmware' suggestion, nobody there had any suggestions.