Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 03:59:08 GMT
From:      jim@reptiles.org (Jim Mercer)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: A "FreeBSD" Daemon

In article <199502220131.CAA01018@uriah.heep.sax.de>,
J Wunsch  <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de> wrote:
>Especially, _by_no_means_ use any US-centric symbol.  US is _not_ a
>generally accepted place of freedom!  Some people might have other
>thoughts in mind when seeing the Star Banner...

i'd agree.  i see the FreeBSD project as a borderless, non-political
prject.

slapping US-centric symbology on it would sorta spoil that.

bad enough we have to live with the silly US Export restrictions on crypt().

--
[ Jim Mercer                 jim@reptiles.org              +1 416 506-0654 ]
[          Reptilian Research -- Longer Life through Colder Blood          ]