Date:      Mon, 12 May 2003 13:42:12 +0300
From:      "Yury Tarasievich" <grog@grsu.by>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   tracing of linux emulation layer?

Hello,

I need to make Oracle 9i for linux work on FreeBSD (4.8-RELEASE).
I've reached the point where Oracle successfully installs and listener, dbsnmp, web server successfully start.
Now the problem is sqlplus fails with following diagnostics:

SQL> startup nomount pfile="<path_to_init.ora>"
ORA-27102: out of memory
Linux error: 12: Cannot allocate memory

I have also tracefiles made by truss, ktrace and strace. However, tracefiles tell me very very little and I'm completely at loss what to do.

Oracle's error message number 27102 supposedly would place the problem in the ballpark of shared memory.
Now, I believe I have all required settings of shared memory set correctly.
Do I at all need to trace linux emulation layer working with shared memory?? If so, how do I do that?
Generally, how do I handle the situation?