Date:      13 Jan 2003 11:18:29 -0500
From:      Daren Desjardins <desjardins@canada.com>
To:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problems installing apps that use a Java installer

I found what is causing their JDK's to seg fault. I happen to try coping
over the Sun JDK to where the weblogic files were in /tmp. When I tried
running the JDK from /tmp it began crashing with a segfault. So I moved
the extracted WL files to /usr/local, and ran it. In order to run some
other app I had to make tmp a symlink to /usr/tmp to allow for more
space. Apparantly the JDK cant handle the sym link and seg faults.

The Weblogic installer now launches, but freezes after the splash
screen. If I run the installer using the Sun jdk it runs fine.