Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 1997 19:21:03 +0500
From:      "A JOSEPH KOSHY" <koshy@india.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gotcha in moving to post 4.4 lite2 merge ``world''.

Reassured by Peters earlier success report on making the world, I took
the leap today and made world and rebooted.

There is a minor gotcha that I got caught by: the newly built `mount'
isn't compatible with a pre lite2 merge kernel and will fail on mounting `/'.

Be sure to rebuild your kernel after `make world' and before rebooting.

The fixit floppy is your friend if you do get caught by this, there is a
copy of compatible mount on it.

Thanks to all those who made the lite2 merge work!

A question: is the 4.4 BSD Lite2 source being worked on by anyone?  Will
there ever be a Lite3?

Thanks,
Koshy
<koshy@india.hp.com>		My Personal Opinions Only.