Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 1997 17:59:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Font <font@Mcs.Net>
To:        Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@federation.addy.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ODBC

I have done something like this by writing a short glue program which
accepts and translates SQL queries and results on the NT Server side.  It
is written using MS VC++ (yuck).  On the FreeBSD side, where my web server
is, a small library interfaces with the glue program and allows a C CGI
program to get the appropriate database results.  I couldn't really find
any ODBC software under FreeBSD with source code which I could modify, so
I cobbled together this solution instead.

To keep things on the Windows side simple, I used an InetD clone from a
company called InterAccess/PragmaSys so I could write the ODBC glue using
stdio.  Otherwise it was just VC++ 2.0 and ODBC SDK 3.0.

Basically it ends up being that the NT side has a telnet-able SQL query
handler.  If you find any better solutions that don't involve programming
on NT, please share 'em with the list.  I would like a pure FreeBSD
solution as well.

--
A bug in my MUA causes news.announce.newusers                            font
to be sent to beneficiaries and senders of UCE/SPAM.                        @