Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 21:52:20 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        wilko@freebsd.org, alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.1-20000719-RC#2

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 12:30:00PM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> I think you need to put into RELNOTES that Alpha 4100 isn't supported. I've
> tried to install from the RC (even from boot.flp), and it doesn't work, and
> I've had no response from David about it, Jordan didn't add the xterm entry to
> the installer (as he said he would), and Mike hasn't looked at the 'going
> nowhere without my init', so despite the effort I put in I don't believe we
> can say it's supported.

4100 works fine once installed. That would need another machine to install
on a disk subsequently moved to the Rawhide.

RELNOTES today has:

"AlphaServer 4100 (Rawhide) does not want to allow installation using
floppies. Workaround is to install using another Alpha machine and
move the disk to the AS4100. Once installed FreeBSD runs fine."

I'd say this should be sufficient?

I'll also add a note on the 'init' thing if jkh OKs me touching the *.TXT files.

W/

--
Wilko Bulte  	 			http://www.freebsd.org
wilko@freebsd.org			http://www.nlfug.nl