Date:      Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:29:06 +0100
From:      Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd.ports@melvyn.homeunix.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: sysutils/aaccli

On Thursday 15 December 2005 19:16, Joachim Str=F6mbergson wrote:

> I'm trying to use the port of Adaptec scsi management programs on a FreeB=
SD
> 6.x system. But the ports fails since the port tries to create device nod=
es
> using MAKEDEV, a feature since long gone in FreeBSD, replaced by devfs.

If you can find the commands that use MAKEDEV either in the port Makefile o=
r=20
in the sourcetree, try commenting them out.
Drivers in current FreeBSD should create their own device entries on startu=
p.=20

If that doesn't work, there's a good chance the drivers won't work period a=
nd=20
the port needs to be updated or marked broken for FreeBSD 5+.

=2D-=20
Melvyn Sopacua
freebsd.ports@melvyn.homeunix.org

=46reeBSD 6.0-STABLE