Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 1996 07:44:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      steve hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   strange routed problems

I gota problem.

In order to get my cisco to route between subnets (I have 3 active on one
ring), I had to set RIP between them on the router.

This gen's errors on my new machine on my third ring.  It says over any
over about packet from unknown router 205.246.19.1  or it will say
unknown router 205.247.124.1 (19.1 is the cisco's ethernet interface,
then I give an ip alias - one for each other subnet).

So, if I put these routers in /etc/gateways, the errors stop, only my
fefault gateway of 205.247.125.1 keeps getting replaceed with
205.246.19.1 which doesnt work and isnt correct- manually setting a
static route doesnt help.  It still gets wiped.

Any ideas?