Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 21:38:05 +0200 (EET)
From:      Seppo Kallio <kallio@cc.jyu.fi>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   New problem with netboot (diskless) 3c509 10Base2

I have a strange problem: We have some 486 micros in a classroom. They
had SMC Ethernet BNC cards and netboot did work fine.

Now someone did change Etherlink III cards and 10Base cable.

Now nb3c509 cannot connect, it rotates |\-/| after "Finding server" (or
something like that), I think it is waiting answer from bootpd, it cannot
get its ip address. The DOS+Novel works fine on same micros. nb3c509 get
irg 10 + 0x300. I tryet 0x280, did not effect -- did try PlugAnd Play off,
did not effect.

I have same card in my P120 in my room with BNC cable and it works nice.

Could there bee some bug in nb3c509 with 10Base2 code? Or what could be
the reason?

Seppo