Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 95 22:59:34 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        jimmy.dgeek@genie.geis.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where is O'Reilly Asso?

> The README file referenced documentation from O'Reilly Associates, but it
> doesn't tell you where to find them.  I would be grateful for either a tele-
> phone number or address for them.

http://www.ora.com

US and Canadian Customers

General information (Weekdays 6am-5pm Pacific time):
     800-998-9938 or 707-829-0515

Credit card orders (Weekdays 6am-5pm Pacific time):
     800-889-8969

Email orders:
     order@ora.com

Fax orders:
     +1 707-829-0104

Mailing address:
     O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
     103A Morris Street
     Sebastopol, CA 95472

> One other item, although I did get the system installed, I could not do it
> from my CD Rom.  Apparently I have an unsupported SCSI controller (Future
> Domain TMC-1680).

Yes.  Apparently programming doc is available (Rod? Jordan?) but no one
buys them any more so no one has bothered to write a driver.

> My specific question, which would make trouble shooting easier, is how can
> you redirect the information shown on the screen during bootup to either the
> printer (on LPT1) or to a log file for later display?

It's already in a log file.  Use the "dmesg" command.

To print, you could (if your default printer was set up) do a:

	dmesg | lpr

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---