Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 2014 10:32:28 -0500
From:      Matthew Pounsett <matt@conundrum.com>
To:        Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec+freebsd@ijs.si>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lang/ruby19 distfile not found (ruby-1.9.3-p484.tar.bz2)

On 2014-01-07, at 10:09 , Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec+freebsd@ijs.si> =
wrote:

> Having a policy that a port needs at least one mirror in each
> protocol family would be very useful. A fallback mirror like
> ftp.freebsd.org could fill-in this job.

I'm really surprised that ftp.freebsd.org *isn't* guaranteed to have =
every distfile.  I was going to set up this VM to be running tinderbox =
and be my binary package distribution server, figuring that since it's =
an internal service it didn't really need v4 connectivity (all my other =
machines are dual-stacked).  I thought for sure I could rely on =
ftp.freebsd.org to get me files where maintainers didn't have their own =
distribution in both protocol families.  I was even thinking about =
recompiling the kernel without INET support.