Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:03:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "K. Greenwood" <k_greenwood1@yahoo.com>
To:        shailesh sheoran <shailesh@ece.ubc.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to make a d-link 530TX + card work

Well... first off you should only need

device	rl

Unless I'm mistaken the D-Link 530 tx + is a PCI based
interface card.  The rest is for non pnp periphs.

Assuming that this works and your NIC is found in the
dmesg (or shown on boot up) you will need something
like the following in /etc/rc.conf:

network_interfaces"lo0 rl0"
ifconfig_rl0="inet 192.168.1.1  netmask 255.255.255.0"
                        ^
                Change to your ip

This should get your card at least seen by the system.

Hope it helps.

K. Greenwood

--- shailesh sheoran <shailesh@ece.ubc.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I still can't make the card run. This is what i did
> :
> 1. i compiled my own kernel MYKERNEL with the
> following additions
> 	device rl0 at isa? port 0xd400 net irq 9 iomem
> 0xed800000
> 2. then in the /etc/rc.conf i added rl0 to the list
> of network_interfaces.
> 	i got the port and iomem settings from Win98
> 	what am i doing wrong?
> thanks,
> Shailesh Sheoran
> M.ASc.
> Department of Electrical Engineering
> University of British Columbia
>
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Ryan Masse wrote:
>
> > device          miibus          # MII bus support
> > device          rl              # VIA Rhine, Rhine
> II
> >
> > you could also compile in 'device vr' for kicks.
> The above are already
> > included in a GENERIC kernel.
> >
> > Ryan
> >

> > > hi,
> > > i am sorry but i am a little overwhelmed. where
> do i need to add
> > > these lines:
> > > device          miibus          # MII bus
> support
> > >         device          vr              # VIA
> Rhine, Rhine II
> > >
> > > if that's what i need to do.
> > > thanks a lot for all the help, i really
> appreciate that.
> > > sincerely,
> > > Shailesh Sheoran
> > > M.ASc.
> > > Department of Electrical Engineering
> > > University of British Columbia

> of device vr use device rl.

> enough. i have a half dozen
> > bsd
> just got a shipment of
> > systems
> cards no problem. I guess
> best.

<exceptionaly long description about dlink 530tx+ snipped>