Date:      Wed, 08 Jul 2020 11:17:35 +0000
From:      Dan Kotowski <dan.kotowski@a9development.com>
To:        =?utf-8?Q?Klaus_K=C3=BCchemann?= <maciphone2@googlemail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommended arm hardware (mostly for compilation)?

> If someone=E2=80=99s looking for horsepower between those options, consid=
er the LX2K from SolidRun,
> while current support for FreeBSD is unknown to me .

Reviving an old thread...

>>> World build completed on Wed Jul  8 02:47:59 UTC 2020
>>> World built in 6897 seconds, ncpu: 16, make -j16

Stable enough to buildworld:

* AHCI/SATA and USB all seem to work just fine

But:

* Firmware is still a moving target
* No DPAA2-MC and no drivers means no onboard netifs
* Still not properly mapping interrupts behind SMMU (PCI and NVMe are no-go=
 until that's resolved)
* No i2c (set that testing aside to focus on interrupts, probably should re=
visit)
* No on-board uSD+eMMC in OS (works fine for loading firmware, but also set=
 aside to focus on interrupts)

Others using it seem to be running Linux reasonably fine, including a full =
Ubuntu 20.04 desktop with Chromium - there's even 1 person working on stabi=
lizing a Thunderbolt 3 controller! All of this laden with bugs and instabil=
ities, but it's a lot closer today than it was when this thread began :)

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?wnIHQQ9Mz8eZD3nggMagS64RN698x_T_yNgf-eoaZqU0unZkMD4Ag2KdxHzclMKfh1EUWNiasLLkVOFBE8R3YklRr1aaPmb4M7s-7BKqjgo=>