Date:      Mon, 7 Mar 2011 11:57:02 -0500
From:      Alexander Sack <pisymbol@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   X11 hangs on exit?

Hello:

I have a fairly new machine that I have installed both
7.2-amd64-RELEASE and well as 7.4-amd64-RELEASE.  I have used the "nv"
driver as well as the "vesa" driver.  In both cases, Xorg comes up and
everything appears to be working except when I exit my session, it
just hangs (I stil see my xterm under xsm and I can still type on the
xterm).

There are NO error messages in Xorg.0.log (bummer) nor anything in
/var/log/messages.  I have tried to disable "dri" but it still just
hangs (I did this on a whim).

Has anyone seen this before?

A Google search shows that other folks have seen this but with no luck
solving it.  I wish I had more information to give.  The xorg file I
am using is from a simple Xorg -configure operation (the only change I
made for xorg-7.4 on 7.2-amd6-RELEASE was to add Option
"AddAutoDevices" "false" to make my mouse work, everything else is the
default config).

Thanks!

-aps