Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:39:37 -0000
From:      "Kjell" <la3sg@sensewave.com>
To:        Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: reverse cvsup possible?

> > List members!

> Ahoy!

> > Is it possible to use cvsup on selected ports to go from 4.7 STABLE

> > 4.6.2 RELEASE?

> > The reason I want to do this is that graphics/GD2 does not build on
4.7,

> > while using my saved distfiles I may build GD2 under 4.6.2

> > A better way to do this?

> Yes. It's better to find out why your gd2 isn't building. It builds fine

> on my 4.7 machine. I'd start by updating the ports tree (always a good

> first step), and you should provide us with some insight as to what

> isn't building right for you.

</color>Last Thursday I set up a system from scratch. Started from the 4.6.2

CD and cvsuped to 4.7 STABLE for all src and ports, and gd2 built fine.

On Sunday I rebuilt the same box from scratch using same procedure

as on Thursday. But gd2 did not build. A directory was missing when

building imake-4.2.0_1

Kjell