Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 1997 06:15:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      KHamilton@Hunter.COM
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   i386/4906: Using a PS/2 Mouse w/XFree86 3.9[m,s] start X click any mouse button locks system.

>Number:         4906
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Using a PS/2 Mouse w/XFree86 3.9[m,s] start X click any mouse button locks system.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
My last make world was in late Aug, and I just re-did one last week.
After starting XFree86 3.9m (which I've been running for several weeks)
any mouse click locks the system up.  No response to ping, no CTL-ALT-DEL,
nothing.  Redid the cvsup, rebuilt, same problem. Loaded XFree86 3.9s,
same problem.  I'm going to pull back the last few psm.c rev's and see
which one broke it but it is broken badly.
>How-To-Repeat:
System: NEC 9522
        PS/2 Mouse
        MS Natural Keyboard
        Adaptec 2940
        Alliance 6522 Video Chipset (Motherboard)
Start X either from XDM or using startx.  Click any mouse button.