Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 2008 18:26:49 +0900
From:      gnn@freebsd.org
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   zonelimit issues...

Hi,

I am wondering why this patch was never committed?

 http://people.freebsd.org/~delphij/misc/patch-zonelimit-workaround

It does seem to address an issue I'm seeing where processes get into
the zonelimit state through the use of mbufs (a high speed UDP packet
receiver) but even after network pressure is reduced/removed the
process never gets out of that state again.  Applying the patch fixed
the issue, but I'd like to have some discussion as to the general
merits of the approach.

Unfortunately the test that currently causes this is tied very tightly
to code at work that I can't share, but I will hopefully be improving
mctest to try to exhibit this behavior.

Best,
George