Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 2000 11:22:38 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: many problems

* Nodus <nodus@ifrance.com> [20001104 04:07]:
=>Hi, i've just install FreeBSD, it's really a good Unix but i have many
problems.
=>During the installation some packages can't be installed due to an
"error 1" or something like that, what is it ?

Pls give us  more details - better some log info.

=>The sendmail demon is taking a lot of time during the system lauching,
how can i disable it ???

In /etc/rc.conf the line
sendmail_enable="NO" will do that.....

=>When i have to configure my network the system tells me : invalid
gateway IPV4 address specified, what does that mean
( my network ip is 192.9.210.32 ) ???

What is your IP address?? Is it a public or a private one? By public I
mean routable, as in you got this from your ISP. If that is not the case
pls let us know. We'll pick it from there...

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

Good. Tell him he's Wayne Gretzky. -Ted Green, Edmonton Oilers coach, when
told that center Shaun Van Allen had suffered a concussion and didn't know who
he was