Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:32:52 +0000
From:      Rasputin <rasputin@submonkey.net>
To:        Herve Quiroz <hquiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Request for changing bsd.port.mk and adding bsd.java.mk

* Herve Quiroz <hquiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr> [020225 16:24]:
> > keytool.. at least more likely than java_n2a. Also shouldn't ant be
> > included too?
>
> IMO ant installs always in the same directory (as long as you install it
> via the ports collection) which lets us use it directly (as for gmake or
> cc). So any maintainer for a port using ant would just add it in the
> dependancies of its port and use it via ${PREFFIX}/bin/ant.
> I am not very familiar with ant (actually not using it) but it sounds to
> me like gmake or any make tool and should probably be managed the same way
> others are.
> Again I am no expert in ant...

Nor me, (I know how to run it :) ), but I would point out a possible
gotcha wile we're on the subject.

xscreensaver installs a binary called 'ant', so you need to be
careful to use ${PREFIX}/bin/ant, and not rely on the PATH.

It was pretty funny to see the PostgreSQL port fire up a screensaver and throw
Makefiles at it though...

--
Simon's Law:
	Everything put together falls apart sooner or later.