Date:      Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:43:48 +1000
From:      "Verghese George" <vgeorge@groupwise.swin.edu.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Formatting  a floppy

Did anybody find a bug in FreeBSD 5.1 when formatting a floppy? It
always gives an error even when formatting a new floppy, When I used
version 4.8, the formatting works fine with the same machine and
hardware. I also find  the number of drives in Free BSD 5.1 much less
than in version 4.8. Many of the device drivers in /dev corresponding to
fd0 are not available. I have decided to go back to version 4.8

Any similiar experiences?

Verghese George