Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2000 21:48:14 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Anonymous mails (was: Re: load spike strangeness)

FreeBSD <freebsd@gtonet.net> wrote in list.freebsd-chat:
 >> According to FreeBSD:
 >> > Since when does an E-mail address require a "realname"? Only a imbecile
 >>
 >> Since the beginning as a courtesy to readers.
 >
 > Show me in the lists charters where it's "required."

Show me the posting in this thread that claims that it's
required.  Nobody claimed that.  Maybe you're just a bit
too paranoid...?

In your first posting you said that overclocking is not
recommended (which is true, although this often causes
flamewars, too).  Then I replied that posting anonymously
is not recommended either (which is also true).

 >> I've been using my real name for years since I begun going on the
 >> Internet. I've never seen a reason not to.

Same here.  It's not _that_ long, though (9 years, I think).

 > Maybe you haven't read about the financial ruin of victims of identity
 > theft?

I've read about paranoia.  99% of the posters in these lists
use their real name, and I'de be surprised if anyone of them
is a victim of "identity theft".

I'm under the impression that you're in the wrong movie...

 > "LinSUX is only free if your time is worthless"

That signature _hurts_ the FreeBSD project.  Whether you like
it or not, or whether I like it or not, that's not the point.

BTW, you should fix your mail client, it has ignored the
"Reply-To" in my first reply on this issue.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)