Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:45:02 -0400
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Question about redirects via IPFW

	HI.  I'm curious of something.  I'm trying a little experiment with a
couple of things and I was wondering if this was possible to do.  Basically
what I want to do is setup a server so that if someone connects from a
given IP and connects to a given port their connection will be bounced over
to another machine off the same nic to another pre-specified port.  I only
want certain IP's connecting to certain ports to be able to do this.

	So say my machine only has one nic.  I'm at 10.10.5.5 and connecting on
port 9700 to the redirector.  The redirector then takes the data that
machine 1 is sending it and sends it off to machine 2 on port 2300.  That
way Machine 1 thinks it's only dealing with the redirector, and machine two
thinks the same thing.  I'm wanting to use this "redirector" of sorts as a
go between for the two machines.

	They can't get to each other due to proxy/firewall restrictions between
the two sites, so I want to use an intermediary machine to allow them to
connect.  Neither site can see either other or connect to each other
because of their security configurations.  However, both can connect just
fine to a 3rd site that perty much sits exactly in the middle between the
two sites.  I want to setup a server that allows me to bounce off of it and
contact machines in the other site while they do the same to mine.

	Am I making any sence?  If so, how would I do this?  The machine I'm
looking at doing this with will only have 1 nic.  So I can't do redirecting
via 2 nics, cause I won't have them.  :)