Date:      Sun, 4 Oct 1998 17:52:16 -0700
From:      "Morgan Davis" <mdavis@cts.com>
To:        <dg@root.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: KERNEL PANICS in 2.2.7-RELEASE server

David:

Below is a dump of the kernel symbols around that address per your request.
Look like the offending function is _sosend.

You may be right about mbuf clusters, as the kernel is simply GENERIC with
all the non-essentials commented out.  What kernel tweaks would you
recommend to accomodate a high-bandwidth packet-passing system?  It's an
audio server that simply forwards encoded audio streams to potentially
thousands of UDP and TCP client connections.  It doesn't host users or do
much else.

I wonder if the tweaks we've used for some of our BSDI news servers would
work.  They use:

maxusers        512
options         "CHILD_MAX=512"
options         "OPEN_MAX=1024"
options         "NMBCLUSTERS=16384"
options         "TCBHASHSIZE=2048"
options         AHC_TAGENABLE

--Morgan

f011da70 t _sysctl___kern_somaxconn
f011da98 t ___set_sysctl__kern_sym_sysctl___kern_somaxconn
f011da9c T _socreate
f011db8c T _sobind
f011dbd8 T _solisten
f011dc84 T _sofree
f011dd50 T _soclose
f011de70 T _soabort
f011de98 T _soaccept
f011df00 T _soconnect
f011df88 T _soconnect2
f011dfd4 T _sodisconnect
f011e040 T _sosend
f011e700 T _soreceive
f011f07c T _soshutdown
f011f0b8 T _sorflush
f011f184 T _sosetopt
f011f44c T _sogetopt
f011f690 T _sohasoutofband
f011f6e0 F uipc_socket2.o
f011f6e0 t _sysctl___kern_maxsockbuf
f011f70c t ___set_sysctl__kern_sym_sysctl___kern_maxsockbuf