Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:15:30 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steveroo@mothra.bri.hp.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anyone adding "support" for Athlons.

As the title says, is anyone working on support for Athlons, and when can we
expect it to arrive back in -stable ?

(I can't find anything in the latest versions of sys/i386/i386/identcpu.c)

Also, what actually needs to be done, it doesn't look difficult to add code to
recognise the cpu, what extra stuff to do may be harder, but I've not got round
to reading the specs anyway.

(egcs development seems to have athlon support now, I've not tried it and I've
only seen patches so far by searching the mailing list)

It would be great to find all the benefits of my shiny new hardware (actually
it's beige =( ), if indeed there are that many. (perhaps the 3DNow stuff would
give some advantages!)

	Steve