Date:      Fri, 07 Jul 2006 06:11:12 +0200
From:      Martin Nilsson <martin@gneto.com>
To:        Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Still getting 'calcru: runtime went backwards'

Mike Jakubik wrote:
> "Me too" However this is on a 6.1-R machine. It does not do any clock
> speed changes, all power management is off in the bios. Its a Pentium D
> 3.2Ghz using a supermicro PDSMi motherboard. This particular example
> came up withe running a buildworld.
>
> ---
> calcru: negative runtime of -171669 usec for pid 16 (yarrow)
> calcru: negative runtime of -171669 usec for pid 16 (yarrow)
> calcru: negative runtime of -171669 usec for pid 16 (yarrow)

I have the same board and the same problem with 6.1. I have tested
CURRENT a bit on the box and I can't remember seeing these errors there.

The errors are present in both i386 and amd64 versions of FreeBSD, they
are very easy to reproduce just boot and buildworld and you get at ton
of these. I have lots of these boards not in production, so I'm happy to
test patches if needed.

/Martin