Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 2003 01:29:36 +0200
From:      Martin Karlsson <mk-freebsd@bredband.net>
To:        Dragoncrest <dragoncrest@voyager.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can someone explain how to enable spam assassin?

Hi,

* Dragoncrest <dragoncrest@voyager.net> [2003-04-11 09.57 -0400]:
> I've looked through all the readme's, I've looked through the as
> many tutorials and man pages as I can find and even the emails
> from this list.  Everyone tells me to do something different.  Yet
> nothing seems to work.  Can someone please either point me to, or
> write out a very simple how to on setting up my system from
> install of spam assassin to setting up procmail and making sure I
> got everything?  Thanks.

My setup looks like this (using spamd/spamc):

- Install SA from ports (mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin)
    This will put a file named spamd.sh-dist in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/
    Rename that file to spamd.sh, and make it executable.

- I use procmail, and have the following as the first recipe in
  ~/.procmailrc:

# check for UCE, UBE with SpamAssassin
:0fw
|/usr/local/bin/spamc