Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 1996 15:48:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Scanner <scanner@webspan.net>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is there a real live actual working deluser script?

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Jaye Mathisen wrote:

> Even if it's rudimentary?  I did a search on -hackers, and there's lots of
> talk about it, and about how complicated it would be, and on and on, but
> no actual script, and I don't see a port or a package.
Here is one that is like 2 lines mine and the rest gary's :)
Mine started out simeple as 4 lines. But under use of those less unix
knowledable it went haywire. So it was  re-written all but 2 lines.
It works pretty good. Hope it does the job for you.

-------CUT HERE--------------

#!/bin/sh
if [ $# != 1 ]; then
  echo "Please run as $0 <user>"
  exit 1
fi
LUSER=$1
PASSWD=`egrep ^$1: /etc/passwd`
if [ -z "$PASSWD" ]; then
  echo "No such user \"$LUSER\". Aborting."
  exit 1
fi
GID=`echo $PASSWD | awk -F : ' { print $4 } '`
if [ $GID != "1001" ]; then
  echo "\"$LUSER\" is not in group 1001 (users). Aborting."
  exit 1
fi
echo "Removing $LUSER's files"
rm -r /home/$1
rm /var/mail/$1
rm /var/mail/.$1.pop
vipw

--

===================================| Webspan Inc., ISP Division.
  FreeBSD 2.1.0 is available now!  | Phone: 908-367-8030 ext. 126