Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 1997 11:40:14 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        John Szumowski <harpo@javanet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: doscmd compile?

John Szumowski:
 |Ok...I've gotten that far. I've rebuild the kernel and lkm. However, I
 |can't "make install" with doscmd itself.
 |(in /usr/local/src/doscmd-970320)
 |---
 |# make install
 |install -c -s -o bin -g kmem -m 2555   doscmd
 |usage: ...[snip]
 |*** Error code 64
 |
 |Stop.
 |---
 |Any ideas of what's going wrong? I'm not familiar with makefiles yet, so
 |I'm not sure what to fix.

I never did a make install, so I didn't hit that :-)  But if I do I see
what you see.  Looks like the makefile wasn't setup for install -- it's
missing the directory to install to.

I've just been running out of the source directory.  But if you want, paste
the install cmd above and put a directory after it (e.g. /usr/local/bin).
Also o a "make -n install" and run the other commands it prints out.

Randall