Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 17:50:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au (David Dawes)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SIGTERMs killing X

> >> That's Terry not understanding nor reading the Xserver sources.
> >
> >I don't know which X server he is running.
> >
> >Neither do you.
>
> I can make a good guess because in the original message where the
> kernel messages were shown, the name of the executable dying with
> signal 6 was XF86_SVGA:
>
> Mar 24 12:22:23 586quick166 /kernel: pid 218 (XF86_SVGA), uid 0: exited on signal 6

I stand corrected.  I apparently didn't carry enough context forward.

Under what normal operational circumstances could this happen?  (ie:
any known bugs?).  If there aren't any, then the fact that it didn't
happen before but does now points at FreeNSD, not a X.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.